- 29th of June: UEFA draws 1st and 2nd qualification rounds
- 31st of July and 1st of August: 1st leg 2nd qualification round. FC København enters at 2nd qualification round for the Champions League as a seeded team.
- 3rd of August: UEFA draws 3rd qualification round. If in it, FC København will be un-seeded.
- 7th and 8th of August: 2nd leg 2nd qualification round
- 14th and 15th of August: 1st leg 3rd qualification round
- 28th and 29th of August: 2nd leg 3rd qualification round
Possible opponents in the 2nd qualification round include: Beitar Jerusalem (Isr), Zaglebie Lubin (Pol), NK Domzale * (Slo), IF Elfsborg * (Swe), FK Sarajevo * (Bos), FK Ventspils * (Lat), MSK Zilina * (Svk), Derry City * (Irl), FH Hafnarfjardar * (Isl), FBK Kaunas * (Lit), Tampere United * (Fin), Sheriff Tiraspol * (Mol), Olimpi Rustavi * (Geo), Pobeda Prilep * (Mac). Teams marked "*" have to qualify through the 1st round though. So this list is kind of the "worst case scenario" (unless of course some good team advances from TOTO Cup through 1st round!). Anything but easily qualifying for the 3rd round would be disastrous.
Possible opponents in the 3rd qualification round include: Liverpool (Eng), Arsenal (Eng), Valencia (Esp), another Spanish team to qualify (Zaragoza, Atleteco Madrid, Villarreal or Getafe I believe), Benfica (Por), Ajax (Ned), Werder Bremen (Ger), Celtic (Sco), Steaua Bucuresti ** (Rom), Lazio (Ita), Glasgow Rangers ** (Sco), Shakhtar Donetsk (**) (Ukr), Besiktas ** (Tur), Anderlecht (Bel), Dinamo Kiev (**) (Ukr), Levski Sofia ** (Bul). Teams marked "**" have to qualify through the 2nd round though. Realistic expectations should include losing the 3rd qualification round match-up to enter the UEFA Cup (as usual - and most likely as un-seeded).
For more information see Bert Kassies homepage.