Wednesday, May 09, 2007

We're the Champions. Again.

The Brøndby away was a well earned 0-1 win.

As expected they came at us with full physical force but little else. As the game progressed the Copenhagen squat got better and better control of the game. And then in the 33rd minute Gravgaard headed a long pass towards the opposite pole where Allbäck finished for the only goal.

Brøndby kept trying but despite quite a bit of possession didn't produce anything really scary. The game was marred by a couple of nasty fouls but luckily no injuries. With 13 minutes to go Linderoth was sent off for an extremely harsh second yellow card. This of course inspired another wave of Brøndby attacks but progressively desperate ones.

Solid performances at all positions with none outshining the team as a whole. A handful of mess ups by Brøndby to enjoy. The ref had a busy day, I guess, but only barely managed to stay out of focus. Despite being crammed into a tiny corner of the stadium (main reason for me not attending in person), the FCK fans were often louder than their counterparts; in particular I enjoyed the "Brøndby, sing a song for us" that rang out of my TV speakers at max volume. Beautifully, the last minute of overtime was spent guiding a pitch invading Brøndby "fan" out of the field.

Congratulations to the team and every other FCK person in the world. The rest of the season we'll just spend enjoying Brøndby's struggle not to finish no. 7 (which will mean they get an extra away game next season). Oh yeah, and perhaps winning the double on May 17th.

Cheers!

No comments:

Search

 

Copenhagen Files

I love football and I love the Internet. Copenhagen Files is a playground of mine for the latter and a billboard of the former. The focus is on FC København - the #1 club in Copenhagen and Denmark.

I watch every single FC København game - aways usually on the Danish TV, home games currently from my season ticket seat at Parken Stadium. Every now and then a report from the nearby training pitches are to be expected. Or perhaps just from the supporter environment at local parks or bars ;-)

I also like to bet on games which usually takes place online these days. Therefore, I gather numbers and look at them; I analyze, twist, turn and play with them. And some of them ends up here as my probability assessments. But this blog is not about betting.

In the right hand column I collect every single relevant link you can think of. I actually use it for bookmarks often - perhaps they will prove handy to you too? They should easily guide you to the latest info on injuries, club economy, squad value etc.
Powered By Blogger